2022 Virtual Music Festival
Dear Music Teachers, Parents & Students;
Once more we are moving ahead with a Virtual Music Festival for 2022, knowing that regardless of where the world is with the pandemic, vaccines and restrictions, we will be able to move forward with the festival. We hope that the following will provide the information you need to move forward with planning your festival entries. We will endeavour to keep you up to date with additional details or changes as they occur. Please stay tuned!
• Please take a moment to ensure that your profile is updated with current address, email and phone numbers and that your photo/film/audio/video release and waiver is complete. Everyone linked to the registrant’s profile must agree to this release and waiver in order to participate in the Virtual Music Festival.
• Registration will open on February 1, 2022 to all classes. Please visit the registration link on the home page for support and tutorials on registering.
• Registration closes on February 20th at 11:59 PM. This is a firm deadline and late submissions will not be accepted.
• The Alberta Music Festival Association Syllabus can be found here -
• The 2022 Fee Schedule is available on the Grande Prairie Music Festival website. https://gpmusicfestival.ca/syllabus/2022-fee-schedule/
As you begin to plan for the recording of your performance, the Grande Prairie & District Music Festival Association would like to encourage that all participants in the spirit of fair, friendly competition and good faith. Regular music festival rules and etiquette will be in effect where at all possible. The adjudicators will not be judging on the quality of audio or video recording or equipment. As always, please feel free to send your questions to email@example.com.
• Each registrant will be responsible to scan their music selection, complete with copy of the front cover, or receipt of purchase.
• The scanned document must be received at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1st, 2022 and should include the registrants full name and the class number
• We believe that the scanning of music for the temporary use by adjudicator for educational
purposes meets the requirement of the “Fair Dealing Exception” in Canadian copyright law. All digital copies of the music will be destroyed after festival in compliance with the requirements of the Fair Dealing Exception.
• Each registrant is responsible for creating a video recording of their performance.
• There must be no editing or enhancement of the video recording that is submitted.
• Prior to uploading video, please view the tutorial created by Music Festival Suite. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtsiEtpkYNc
• Remember, if the photo/film/audio/video release and waiver is not agreed to and completed by everyone connected to the registrant (teacher, accompanist, guardian) the upload will not be available for viewing and therefore cannot be adjudicated.
• Video upload deadlines are at 11:59 PM on the following dates by discipline:
▪ April 1, 2022 for Speech, Choral, Guitar and Vocal
▪ April 8, 2022 for Musical Theatre, Woodwinds, and Brass
▪ April 14, 2022 for Strings and Orchestra
▪ April 21, 2022 for Piano
▪ April 28, 2022 for Band
• All other disciplines will be scheduled according to registrations received
• Should the registrant not upload video recording prior to the deadline, fees will not be refunded.
• Adjudication will be available:
▪ April 12, 2022 for Speech, Choral, Guitar and Vocal
▪ April 15, 2022 for Musical Theatre, Woodwinds, Brass
▪ April 25, 2022 for Strings, Orchestra
▪ May 1, 2022 for Piano
▪ May 7, 2022 for Band
• Adjudication will be a combination of virtual and written feedback. More detail will be provided as available.
• Provincial Festival will also proceed virtually in 2022
• The process for recommending registrants to Provincial Festival will proceed as in past years.